Welcome to Aquila Safari
Welcome to a Big-5 experience. Aquila Private Game Reserve offers you a unique opportunity to see lions, rhino, buffalo, elephants and leopard up close. Additional wildlife and flora is available to view on our once-in-a-lifetime game drives.
The 2 to 3 hour safari departs at 10:15am. The safari is led by an experienced guide who will share exciting inside stories: facts about your surroundings, easily rousing your inner wild side.
The Cape Town safari day tour includes a buffet breakfast and lunch, and cool off dips at one of two breathtaking swimming pools. All safaris are in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle.
Cape Town morning safari day tour
- 06h45: Depart Cape Town to Aquila (Guest transfer – Aquila transport. Discuss pick up place with your booking agent)
- 09h00: Welcome drink served on arrival
- 09h15: Buffet Breakfast
- 10h15: Game drive and visit to ARC (Animal Rescue Center – Optional)
- 12h45: Buffet lunch
- After lunch guests are able to relax at the pool and are welcome to browse our African curio shop
- 15h30: Depart Aquila and return to Cape Town
Cape Town afternoon safari day tour
- 10h00: Depart Cape Town to Aquila (Self-drive)
- 12h00: Welcome drink served on arrival
- 12h15: Buffet Lunch
- 13h30: Game drive and visit to ARC (Animal Rescue Center)
- After the game drive guests are able to relax at the pool and are welcome to browse our African curio shop
- 16h00: Depart Aquila and return to Cape Town
Cape Town Safari Day Trip
The Aquila Cape Town safari trip is offered with or without transport to the reserve. Guests will be collected from their hotel or guesthouse and transferred to Aquila Game Reserve. Self-drive guests should depart Cape Town at approximately the same time as the tour provided with transport.
The Aquila Cape Town safari trip has been rated by Sawubona magazine as one of the Top 10 best day-trip destinations.
Big 5 Overnight Safari
The big 5 overnight safari can include sighting all 5 of Africa’s wildlife legends. Elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhino, synonymous with Africa, roam the outskirts of Aquila Private Game Reserve.
The Aquila big 5 overnight safari includes a lengthy game drive with an experienced ranger, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and an invitation to cool-off in a natural rock pool.
Accommodation at Aquila is a handful of premier, family and luxury chalets. All chalets are unique and neatly blend into the natural backdrop for the Reserve.